Note from the compiler:
Greetings and thank you to anyone who reads this weekly newsletter!
I hope this is a helpful resource to stay abreast of the latest developments in Japan and an entertaining list of news that interests a wide range of readers. My aim has been to be both informative and professional in the way I compile the news every week.
Here is this week’s newsletter.
As usual, the longer version has bookmarks so you can skip over sections that are not of interest.
1. Government Extends COVID-19 Pre-Emergency Measures Until March 6
2. Government Approves Pfizer COVID Pill
3. Quad Foreign Ministers Meet on Friday
4. Japan-U.S. Developments
5. Foreign Policy Developments
6. Defense/Security Developments
7. Diet Proceedings
8. State of the Economy
9. Economic Security Bill to be Implemented in Three Phases
10. Government Considers Additional Measures to Keep Oil Prices in Control
11. Other Political Developments
12. Other Noteworthy News
12a. Top Official’s Reassignment Could Derail Economic Security Bill
13. Yomiuri Poll (2/7)
Image: Captain76 (CC BY-SA 3.0)