Note from the compiler:
Greetings and thank you to anyone who reads this weekly newsletter!
I hope this is a helpful resource to stay abreast of the latest developments in Japan and an entertaining list of news that interests a wide range of readers. My aim has been to be both informative and professional in the way I compile the news every week.
Here is this week’s newsletter. Be sure to check this week’s special edition (to be updated April 30) on Ukraine too!
As usual, the longer version has bookmarks so you can skip over sections that are not of interest.
1. Japan Enters Long Holiday Amid COVID-19 Concerns
2. Prime Minister Calls on Younger Generations to Get a Booster Shot
3. Japan-U.S. Developments
4. Japan-Germany Summit
5. South Korea Sends Policy Consultation Delegation
6. Foreign Policy Developments
7. LDP Submits Proposal on Revising Security Documents
8. Defense/Security Developments
9. GOJ to Chip in ¥6.2 Trillion to Combat Inflation
10. GOJ to Finalize “New Capitalism” Vision Next Month
11. BOJ Offers to Buy Bonds Again
12. State of the Economy
13. House of Councillors Election Update
14. Other Political Developments
15. Other Noteworthy News (Tour Boat Sinks Off Tip of Shiretoko Peninsula, Leaves 14 Dead; LDP Wins Preliminary Race Ahead of Summer Election)
16. Nikkei (4/25)
Image: Captain76 (CC BY-SA 3.0)