This is the 8th post introducing candidates in the Tokyo governor race.
Check the other candidate profiles using these links: Koike; Utsunomiya; Ono; Yamamoto; Sakurai; Komiyama; Takemoto.
The goal of these profiles is to get readers to know all the candidates on one website. I want to help people find information with minimal effort.
This post will focus on Makoto Nishimoto (Super Crazy-kun) and his policies.
Nishimoto’s main means of communication is Instagram. Unlike other candidates, he doesn’t have a website.
He pledges to tackle 3 issues:
① Relaxing the Law Regulating Adult Entertainment Businesses
- Resume economic activities at all restaurant businesses as well as amusement/entertainment businesses
- Remove restrictions on business hours
② Zero pet extermination/euthanization
- Implement a license system for owning pets
- Strengthen penalties for pet exterminations
③ Zero children on nursery school waiting lists
- Seems flashy at first, but his policies are pretty normal (though they lack specifics)
- Probably isn’t running to win, but is likely to win over younger voters who are disillusioned with politics (want new, unconventional candidates)
11 thoughts on “Tokyo Gubernatorial Election 2020: Candidate Profile for Makoto Nishimoto”