This is the 18th post introducing candidates in the Tokyo governor race.
Check the other candidate profiles using these links: Koike; Utsunomiya; Ono; Yamamoto; Sakurai; Komiyama; Takemoto; Nishimoto; Sekiguchi; Oshikoshi; Horiemon New Party; Goto; Sawa; Ichikawa; Ishii; Nagasawa; Ushio.
The goal of these profiles is to get readers to know all the candidates on one website. I want to help people find information with minimal effort.
This post will focus on Masayuki Hiratsuka and his policies.
Name/Age: Masayuki Hiratsuka/38 years old
Occupation: Social activist YouTuber
Political Party: Popular Sovereignty Party (Leader)
Slogan: Coronavirus is just a cold.
- COVID-19 is just a cold!
- Relatively safe compared to influenza
- Average age of those who died is 75 (healthy people don’t die)
- The actual “virus” is the media who added fuel to the fire
- Oppose voluntary restraint (jishuku)! It weakens our immune systems!
- Sickness can only be cured by our immune system
- Immunity improves through daily activities + interacting with others
- Viruses + germs are important to people
- Excessive avoidance of viruses/germs lowers immunity
- Like muscles, the immune system weakens if not used regularly
- Oppose forceful vaccination!
- Bring back our lives before COVID-19!
- No need for “new lifestyle”
- Ran for governor because he believed those with knowledge should contribute to society
- If nothing changes, that’s due to a lack of knowledge
- I disagree that voluntary restraint + a new lifestyle are harmful (completely rejecting these doesn’t seem right)
2 thoughts on “Tokyo Gubernatorial Election 2020: Candidate Profile for Masayuki Hiratsuka”