This is the 9th post introducing candidates in the Tokyo governor race.
Check the other candidate profiles using these links: Koike; Utsunomiya; Ono; Yamamoto; Sakurai; Komiyama; Takemoto; Nishimoto.
The goal of these profiles is to get readers to know all the candidates on one website. I want to help people find information with minimal effort.
This post will focus on Yasuhiro Sekiguchi and his policies.
Name/Age: Yasuhiro Sekiguchi/68 years old
Occupation: President of a building management company
Political Party: Independent
Sekiguchi doesn’t have a website, so the policies were taken from a website called Seijiyama.
- Disaster Prevention
- Place surveillance cameras in areas at risk of flooding
- Install disaster warning systems & other necessary tools to prepare for swift evacuations
- Olympic Games
- To prevent heatstroke, avoid holding the Olympic Games midsummer
- Respond to natural disasters by adding an emergency provision to the Constitution
- The low-altitude flight routes out of Haneda puts the lives of citizens at risk
- Immediately stop flying low altitude above a densely populated area & a difficult angle of approach (international standards stipulate flight angles to be 3 degrees)
- COVID-19 response requires a delicate balance between prevention + economic recovery
- Promote outdoor exercise as a way of improving resistance & immunity
- 50% off parking fees at public parks and other public facilities on weekdays
- Avoid excessive smoking bans
- Install smoking rooms in private facilities (avoid banning all smoking)
- Work on reducing plastic waste + marine debris/litter
- Ensure senior citizens over 60 can work comfortably
- Enact regulation to extend life expectancy through things like volunteering
- Promote policies that improve young citizens’ personalities + intelligence
- Increase funding for programs aimed at the working-age population
- Emphasizes the importance of economic recovery in the COVID-19 response
- Promises to help both young and elderly citizens
- Doesn’t go into detail about how programs would be funded
10 thoughts on “Tokyo Gubernatorial Election 2020: Candidate Profile for Yasuhiro Sekiguchi”